Friday, September 11, 2009

Buccaneer Live post!

A few weeks late, sorry!

We attended Buccaneer Live model horse show in Lincoln, NE, over the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of August, here are a few photos of my performance entries.

This was my harness entry for this year, Fishbiscuit taking Christian and Jodi for an afternoon drive with foxhound "Vera" and Sheltie "Trade Winds" in tow. (5th place)



The harness is currently for sale on eBay.

Christian giving Jodi riding lessons on Fish, with Psi "assisting". This entry won 1st place in OF Other English. I'd wanted to show Fish in EP but didn't feel he would be able to compete against the more "polished" Strapless and Cleveland bay entries. The lunge line is twisted cotton cord from JoAnne's, attaching to the off side bit with a clip and run over the crown and through the inside bit. Saddle set has been sold on eBay.



Dana schooling "Roxy" over fences, which took second in the same class. (again, many many thanks to Melissa for helping me with this setup!) This is the same jump I use for my Newsworthy "Merlin", who was taking a break from performance this time.



The saddle and breastplate are for sale on MH$P (bridle is spoken for).

My new ISH "Drive Shaft"(thank you Hilary for trading!) in "Natural" Western Trail, only he and his rider are at a show dropping off a pop can before heading off to class. This entry was fifth in the class.



And this is also my first Western saddle, made from a Rio Rondo kit. MUCH easier than I thought it would be, though it helps I've been making English saddles for awhile. Despite the rather obvious differences, it was easy to translate a lot of the construction process into this set. I also did a little customizing and made the stirrups adjustable. I was pleased with how it came out, I can't wait to make more of these. (set has been sold)

That's all for now, I'll be posting a few more of my favorite entries from around the showhall. thanks for reading. :)

3 comments:

Sian said...

Great Pics! Congratulations on all the ribbons!

Braymere said...

I love your Lost themed names--and the tack is pretty nifty, too!

GWR said...

Thank you both! :)