Monday, July 7, 2008

Small July 7th update

My newest herd members wearing my newest tack creations:



The mare is "Khepri", and the foal is "Khisanth", their names following my personal habit of giving any Sucesion and Le Fire sets I own names that start with the same first two letters.



The foal's halter is patterned after real figure-eight style halters that breeders use on newborns and younger foals. It comes complete with a "catch strap" hanging from the bottom ring(attached using a leather braiding technique outlined in Susan B-Y's book, always handy to learn something new!)



The mare's halter and lead(not shown) uses the last of a 50 foot roll of 3/32 natural kangaroo lace that I bought many, many years ago. Nothing new about the design here, though I am very pleased with the color I got, this shade of mahogany being my very favorite.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

Ipseity said...

I wanted to drop you a comment and say I really love your work! I customized for a little while, and I know how hard that work can be! Your attention to detail, especially in tack and leather work, blows me away. I saw your customized dog models and wanted to know if you possibly do commissions, or knew someone who does. My fiance and I are looking at a fun wedding cake idea for our autumn wedding- we wanted to have customized models of our five dogs to use as cake 'toppers', since we're big in the sports of dog agility and flyball. If you could drop me an email at Kiishka@gmail.com, I'd really be grateful!



All the best,



Kat